Important Information About Our NYC Showroom Re-Opening
In accordance with New York City recommendations, our New York City showroom is now able to re-open, as long as we follow the rules set out by the State of New York, which include guidelines stating responsible parties must limit the building to no more than 25% of the maximum occupancy and masks will be required as well as social distancing measures enforced.
Beginning Monday, June 29, 2020:
- Our showroom will be open by appointment only.
- There will be no staff in the showroom unless an appointment has been made through our website.
- To make an appointment, please use the form by CLICKING HERE
- Once you submit your request we will call to verify and make an appointment.
- Hours will be limited so verifying availability when scheduling is important.
Here are the guidelines provided by the A&D Building – please note that these precautions are to ensure everyone’s safety:
Vornado will conduct mandatory thermal camera temperature checks of all personnel, tenants, visitors and contractors before granting access to the building and common areas. This protocol will be implemented each time an individual comes into the building. If the initial scan indicates an individual has an elevated body temperature of 100.4°* or higher, a secondary check with a contact thermometer will be administered by a trained medical professional to validate the measurement. If both readings are 100.4° or higher, the individual will be asked to leave the building. Those individuals who are asked to leave the building should notify their employer and comply with CDC guidelines as well as their employer’s protocol before returning. In compliance with ADA and EEOC regulations, Vornado will not store any personal information for anyone undergoing this protocol.
The A&D Building is open to the public Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm. Some showrooms may be taking appointments or working during modified hours. Please contact the showroom you plan to visit directly to confirm their hours of operation.
In order to best manage your safety and follow social distancing guidelines, you are required to enter and exit the building using the specifically designated doors on 58th Street.
Guidelines for shopping the A&D Building:
- Masks or face coverings must be worn in all common areas; including, but not limited to, lobby, elevators, stairways, hallways, washrooms, and food hall.
- Masks will be offered at the front desk for anyone entering the building without appropriate coverage.
- All showroom partners and their clients should continue to follow government guidelines on masks/face coverings during appointments.
- We ask that you practice social distancing of at least 6′ distance from others in all common areas and in showrooms.
- Gatherings of any kind are not permitted in the building.
- All elevators are running on normal service. The new capacity per cab is 4 passengers maximum.
- Signage throughout the lobby and on each floor will direct you to the method used to ensure appropriate safety and social distancing.
- One person will be allowed in the public restrooms at a time.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be provided in the lobby and on each floor.
- We are committed to providing our showrooms and guests with a clean and healthy environment and will continue to follow CDC cleaning guidelines for common areas.
- We will continue to maintain our enhanced and aggressive cleaning protocols for all common areas of our building using approved products and protocol from public health agencies.
- We are providing our staff with appropriate personal protective equipment and training them on safe and healthy use of the cleaning chemicals in accordance with OSHA’s Hazard Communication standards.
The health and safety of everyone is so important, and at the same time, we know that everyone is anxious to continue moving forward with their projects, and we are pleased that New York City has reached a stage where we can offer hours and appointments.